The James Gang Bar & Grill Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Christmas Theme

Go down 
+3
succotash_54
NVRMOR
Bam
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bam
formerly known as LakeRat
Bam

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:41 am

In celebration of the season and just because I can. MrGreen
Back to top Go down
http://outlawstoughcrowd.niceboards.net
NVRMOR

NVRMOR

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 3:15 pm

Just a thought...
But this new scheme kinda sucks really bad.
Wasn't the idea of this board that the old one was gonna be continued? Now everything recognizable is gone.
Not to mention it's fairly unreadable.

You're a peach Bam for doing all this (setting up the board), but I'm not sure unilateral wholesale revision is the way to go.
Back to top Go down
succotash_54

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:50 pm

Bah humbug.
Back to top Go down
whammon

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:27 pm

I'm cool with it. It took a minute to realize what the box and mistletoe meant, but otherwise it's good.
Back to top Go down
Bam
Bam

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:35 am

It's unreadable? It looks ok to me.

It's only temporary, and I thought it might start some kind of discussion, which it seems to have done.
I will change it back (except with maybe some kind of holiday header) when I get a chance.
It may take a few days.

Sorry it's more irritating than festive. crying
Back to top Go down
baseballmom

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:55 pm

NVRMOR wrote:
Just a thought...
Wasn't the idea of this board that the old one was gonna be continued? Now everything recognizable is gone.

You're a peach Bam for doing all this (setting up the board), but I'm not sure unilateral wholesale revision is the way to go.

You ungrateful pile of pork!
Back to top Go down
baseballmom

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:56 pm

Bam wrote:

It's only temporary, and I thought it might start some kind of discussion, which it seems to have done.
I will change it back (except with maybe some kind of holiday header) when I get a chance.
It may take a few days.

It looks great, Bam. Thank you for all you do. Always going above and beyond. kiss
Back to top Go down
Bam
Bam

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:43 pm

baseballmom wrote:
Bam wrote:

It may take a few days.

It looks great, Bam. Thank you for all you do. Always going above and beyond. kiss

Glad you like it.

Perhaps any theme changes I make in the future should be a bit more subtle though. Smile
Back to top Go down
NVRMOR

NVRMOR

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 6:09 am

baseballmom wrote:
NVRMOR wrote:
Just a thought...

You ungrateful pile of pork!
Well you sack of potatos...in light of your constructive criticism let me re-evaluate.
Hmmmm
Yep, in my estimation...It kinda sucks. I don't think the green/beige scheme (as it appears on my screen) is attractive or very readable. The green background doesn't show the signatures and avatars well. I miss the crimes against whatever.
I didn't insult Bam. I called her a Peach. It's just in the past the board was pretty democratic. This change seemed unilateral. She herself said she made the changes just because she could. It seemed contrary of why this move was made...to keep the old site alive. This is not the old site.
All that being said, I think you did a wonderful thing with this board Bam. I think I've thanked you elsewhere. If I didn't...Thank you. My intention wasn't to upset you, but to voice my opinion.
Back to top Go down
NVRMOR

NVRMOR

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 8:04 am

Hmmmm....
Why, when I write my post, does the snow fall fluidly, but in regular viewing it moves about every 2 seconds (same with the emoticons, avatars, and scrolling). Is it only on my computer that happens?
That's not annoying at all.

I'll come back in the Spring. If the Bam Gang & Grill is still here, I'll say hey.
Back to top Go down
Bam
Bam

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:35 am

I'm sorry you're so annoyed with the layout, and I didn't take offense to your opinion.
You did thank me elsewhere (and now here) which I appreciate very much.

I was going to try to change back to the same old color scheme today, but if you're going to stay away until spring I think I'll leave it this way until after Christmas.
Btw, I didn't add the snow effect - it was another admin here - and I like it. It's festive!

I think I said right from the start that there's no way this place could never be the same, but it's the people that made it what it was, not the look.
And it doesn't look like we're going to have droves of migrants. We have 16 registered users, 3 of which are me, and 3 which I doubt will ever come back.

Anyway, let's do the democratic thing and have a vote. Big Grin
Back to top Go down
succotash_54

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:12 pm

The snow effect was kind of nice, but I do agree it is a little hard to read at times. Nonetheless, I can still read the screen. Plus, if it's going to change back after New Year's, I can put up with it for a little while. I too am full of Christmas spirit.
Back to top Go down
fustyruk

fustyruk

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:30 pm

The green is fine and its too bad NVRMORs computer is freaking out over it. He makes good money... he can afford an upgrade Big Grin
Back to top Go down
bal-de-vis

bal-de-vis

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:27 am

succotash_54 wrote:
The snow effect was kind of nice, but I do agree it is a little hard to read at times. Nonetheless, I can still read the screen. Plus, if it's going to change back after New Year's, I can put up with it for a little while. I too am full of Christmas spirit.

You do know that stuff is toxic, don't you?
Back to top Go down
succotash_54

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:05 pm

Nonsense, I'm been enjoying that stuff for almost 30 years now, and I've suffered no HOLY SHIT!! BIG DOGS BIG DOGS! AAAHHHH!!!! ill side effects.
Back to top Go down
Bam
Bam

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 2:20 am

bal, you're looking soooooo dapper.

succo - love teh sig
Back to top Go down
bal-de-vis

bal-de-vis

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 2:24 am

Bam wrote:

succo - love teh sig

I've affected a cavalier attitude.
Back to top Go down
Bam
Bam

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 2:27 am

bal-de-vis wrote:
Bam wrote:

succo - love teh sig

I've affected a cavalier attitude.

It's purrfectly suitable.
Back to top Go down
succotash_54

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 3:08 pm

Well, you can't make out my sig too well... not with the scheme the way it is... you'll love it more once the default scheme's back in place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Christmas Theme Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Christmas Theme   A Christmas Theme Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Christmas Theme
Page 1 of 1