The James Gang Bar & Grill Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thanksgiving Thoughts

Go down 
+2
The Spleen
Bam
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bam
formerly known as LakeRat
Bam

Thanksgiving Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Thanksgiving Thoughts   Thanksgiving Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:37 am

George Carlin
We're having something a little different this year for Thanksgiving. Instead of a turkey, we're having a swan. You get more stuffing.

Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
Turkey: A large bird whose flesh, when eaten on certain religious anniversaries has the peculiar property of attesting piety and gratitude.

Erma Bombeck, No One Diets on Thanksgiving
What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?

Cornelius Plantinga, Jr.
It must be an odd feeling to be thankful to nobody in particular. Christians in public institutions often see this odd thing happening on Thanksgiving Day. Everyone in the institution seems to be thankful 'in general.' It's very strange. It's a little like being married in general.

Russell Baker
It was dramatic to watch my grandmother decapitate a turkey with an ax the day before Thanksgiving. Nowadays the expense of hiring grandmothers for the ax work would probably qualify all turkeys so honored with 'gourmet' status.

Jon Stewart
I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.

Johnny Carson
Thanksgiving is an emotional holiday. People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year. And then discover once a year is way too often.

Anonymous
May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
Back to top Go down
http://outlawstoughcrowd.niceboards.net
The Spleen
Ductless Organ With Attitude
The Spleen

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts   Thanksgiving Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:17 pm

Happy Thanksgiving
Back to top Go down
whammon

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts   Thanksgiving Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:30 pm

As I say every year, I am thankful for those who know me well enough not to ask me what I'm thankful for, as it's a tired, trite cliche.

On the cool notes, though, my mom brought me two surprises. One, when she visited, she had my sister tag along, which was awesome, though I didn't get to see them much, thanks to my indentured servitude. Two, she brought me a pint of Johnny Walker Blue Label. That is premium fucking scotch, and runs about $200 a bottle here in the states. The family (minus me) went on a cruise last month, and she picked up the bottle in St. Kitts for $35.
Back to top Go down
Bam
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts   Thanksgiving Thoughts Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:29 pm

Moms can be sooooo cool. Mine brought a tiny, homemade, personal-size cake to our Thanksgiving dinner since I usually don't get a cake for my birthday.
Back to top Go down
crazzycat

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts   Thanksgiving Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 6:48 am

yeah it's a great idea to cook something except turkey for thanksgiving
Back to top Go down
http://www.3ddigitalwallpapers.com
Bam
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts   Thanksgiving Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 3:59 pm

crazzycat wrote:
yeah it's a great idea to cook something except turkey for thanksgiving

As in anything except turkey?
Back to top Go down
succotash_54

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts   Thanksgiving Thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:42 pm

Say the wrong thing, and you'll cook your own goose.
Back to top Go down
Outlaw

Outlaw

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts   Thanksgiving Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:16 am

If only the indians had given the pilgrims a donkey instead of a turkey we'd all be getting a piece of ass for thanksgiving.
Back to top Go down
Bam
Bam

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts   Thanksgiving Thoughts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 4:33 pm

LOL... a hot piece of ass and sweet potatoes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts   Thanksgiving Thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanksgiving Thoughts
Page 1 of 1