The James Gang Bar & Grill Forum Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anybody reading anything interesting?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ready

ready

Anybody reading anything interesting? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody reading anything interesting?   Anybody reading anything interesting? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:26 pm

I've been stuck in rather a top 10 favorite authors rut. I keep picking up books that from the same authors I've been reading for YEARS!

Right now I am reading a Phillip Margolin and a John Sanford book at the same time. Or rather, I carry one with me and have the other sitting next to my chair at home, so not simultaneously, but concurrently (jeeps I hope I used that word right!)

I did read 'Precious' over the Christmas holidays as I had gotten it for my daughter as a gift and then borrowed it (she was busy having a baby anyway Smile ). THAT was a very traumatic read, graphically horrid, but a story of triumph in the face of severe adversity.
Back to top Go down
Outlaw

Outlaw

PostSubject: Re: Anybody reading anything interesting?   Anybody reading anything interesting? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:29 pm

I'm reading Churchills book on the American Civil War right now. I don't know if that helps. Or if it would suprise anyone that I'd be reading it. But...
Back to top Go down
ready

ready

PostSubject: Re: Anybody reading anything interesting?   Anybody reading anything interesting? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:38 pm

Outlaw wrote:
I'm reading Churchills book on the American Civil War right now. I don't know if that helps. Or if it would suprise anyone that I'd be reading it. But...

Doesn't really surprise me, seems you've favored historical and especially war type material for a long time. I did read War and Rememberance a couple years ago. Have you ever? It's a very detailed yet personal type account of WWII. THINK it was written by Joseph Wambaugh.
Back to top Go down
Outlaw

Outlaw

PostSubject: Re: Anybody reading anything interesting?   Anybody reading anything interesting? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:47 pm

No, I've never even heeard of it.

I do want to start reading the Asian Sagas by James Clavell. I reallly don't have anything to reccomend right now, though.
Back to top Go down
The Spleen
Ductless Organ With Attitude
The Spleen

PostSubject: Re: Anybody reading anything interesting?   Anybody reading anything interesting? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:31 pm

I read alot of billboards
Back to top Go down
baseballmom

PostSubject: Re: Anybody reading anything interesting?   Anybody reading anything interesting? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:30 am

No reading for me. I still like to garden.
Back to top Go down
Outlaw

Outlaw

PostSubject: Re: Anybody reading anything interesting?   Anybody reading anything interesting? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:48 am

reading is knowledge. Knowledge is important. Knowledge is power. Doesn't matter if you have a degree or not... Knowledge is more addictive than any drug I've ever done. And I've done alot of them.
Back to top Go down
The Spleen
Ductless Organ With Attitude
The Spleen

PostSubject: Re: Anybody reading anything interesting?   Anybody reading anything interesting? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:28 pm

billboards have lots of information
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody reading anything interesting?   Anybody reading anything interesting? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody reading anything interesting?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The James Gang Bar & Grill Forum Index :: GENERAL :: Entertainment-
Jump to: